USL News Release, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2016
TAMPA, Fla. – The following is the USL’s discipline report for Week 20 of the 2016 season:
Fifteen players and an assistant coach have been suspended and fined an undisclosed amount for their actions this past week.
The LA Galaxy II’s Adonis Amaya was issued a two-game suspension for his actions during Saturday’s match against the Portland Timbers 2. Amaya was sent off in the second half for shouting an abusive and derogatory comment to a T2 player. The USL Disciplinary Committee added a second game to the suspension for the degree of his remarks. He will now serve his suspension this Saturday against OKC Energy FC and on Aug. 20 against Orange County Blues FC.
Five players will be serving one-game suspensions for picking up their fifth yellow cards of the season: FC Montreal’s Louis Beland-Goyette (out Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds), Pittsburgh’s Lebo Moloto (out Wednesday against FC Montreal), Sacramento Republic FC’s James Kiffe (out Saturday against Saint Louis FC), Louisville City FC’s Sean Reynolds (out Wednesday against the Harrisburg City Islanders) and Orange County Blues FC’s Maurice Pluntke (out Wednesday against Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2).
Orange County’s Ivan Mirkovic is also serving a yellow card accumulation suspension this Wednesday after picking up his eighth caution of the year.
Elsewhere, Arizona United SC’s Luke Rooney (out Saturday against San Antonio FC) and Pittsburgh’s Michael Green (out Wednesday against FC Montreal) were sent off during their respective Week 20 matches. Saint Louis FC assistant coach Tim Leonard was sent off during Wednesday’s match against the Swope Park Rangers. He will not be on the bench for the club during this Saturday’s home match against Sacramento Republic FC.
Six players have already served their respective suspensions. The Richmond Kickers’ Brian Ownby, Rochester Rhinos’ Bradley Kamdem and Arizona United SC’s Brock Granger each picked up their fifth caution of the season during the midweek and served one-game suspensions for yellow card accumulation on either this past Saturday or Sunday. Three other players who were sent off during their midweek games and served their one-game suspensions this past weekend included Montreal teammates Janouk Charbonneau and Philippe Eullaffroy and OKC Energy FC’s Kyle Hyland.
A total of 41 players have been issued four yellow cards this season and are one away from being fined and suspended for accumulation (breakdown by team):
- Bethlehem Steel FC: Mickey Daly
- Charleston Battery: Forrest Lasso
- Charlotte Independence: Enzo Martinez and Patrick Slogic
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC: Taeseong Kim and Marty Maybin
- FC Cincinnati: Pat McMahon and Sean Okoli
- FC Montreal: Kyle Fisher, Jeremy Gagnon-Lapare and Aron Mkungilwa
- Harrisburg City Islanders: Cardel Benbow and Bobby Warshaw
- LA Galaxy II: Alejandro Covarrubias and Oscar Sorto
- Louisville City FC: George Davis IV and Paolo DelPiccolo
- New York Red Bulls II: Dan Metzger and Konrad Plewa
- OKC Energy FC: Michael Byskov
- Orlando City B: Mikey Ambrose
- Real Monarchs SLC: Colin Rolfe
- Richmond Kickers: Samuel Asante and Fred Owusu Sekyere
- Rio Grande Valley FC: Charlie Ward
- Saint Louis FC: Chad Bond, AJ Cochran and Sam Fink
- San Antonio FC: Rafael Castillo, Danny Garcia and Stephen McCarthy
- Seattle Sounders FC 2: Jordan Schweitzer and Nouhou Tolo
- Swope Park Rangers: Ualefi Rodrigues dos Reis
- Toronto FC II: Raheem Edwards and Mitchell Taintor
- Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Brady Ballew
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2: Deybi Flores, Fatawu Safiu and Will Seymore
- Wilmington Hammerheads FC: Mael Corboz
The following players have been issued seven yellow cards and are one away from being fined and suspended for accumulation (breakdown by team):
- Arizona United SC: Luke Rooney