USL News Release, Wednesday, July 27, 2016
TAMPA, Fla. – The following is the USL’s discipline report for Week 18 of the 2016 season:
Seven players and an assistant coach have been suspended and fined an undisclosed amount for their actions this past week.
New York Red Bulls II midfielder Stefano Bonomo was issued a four-game suspension following a punch to the face of a Charleston Battery player during stoppage time of last Saturday’s match. He was sent off by the officiating crew, and in addition to that automatic one-game suspension, the USL Disciplinary Committee determined that Bonomo would serve an additional three games. Bonomo will be out for NYRBII’s matches against the Richmond Kickers (Saturday), Harrisburg City Islanders (Aug. 2), Orlando City B (Aug. 12) and Louisville City FC (Aug. 19).
Tulsa Roughnecks FC forward Sammy Ochoa and assistant coach Tom Taylor were sent off during the club’s Black Gold Derby loss to OKC Energy FC on Saturday. Ochoa had picked up his second yellow card in the game. They will be suspended for this Saturday’s road match against Arizona United SC.
Two Wilmington Hammerheads FC players will be suspended for this Saturday’s home game against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Bruno Perone was sent off during the Hammerheads’ draw against Orlando City B on Sunday. Ashani Fairclough was issued his eighth caution of the season and is suspended for one game and fined for yellow card accumulation.
Louisville City FC’s Aodhan Quinn will also serve a one-game suspension for yellow card accumulation this Saturday against Orlando. He picked up his fifth caution of the season during last Saturday’s loss to FC Cincinnati.
Last week, Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC’s Miguel Gonzalez and Toronto FC II’s Anthony Osorio were each issued their fifth cautions of the season during their respective matches last Wednesday. They served their one-game suspensions this past Saturday.
A total of 37 players have been issued four yellow cards this season and are one away from being fined and suspended for accumulation (breakdown by team):
- Bethlehem Steel FC: Mickey Daly
- Charlotte Independence: Enzo Martinez
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC: Taeseong Kim and Marty Maybin
- FC Cincinnati: Harrison Delbridge and Sean Okoli
- FC Montreal: Louis Beland-Goyette and Kyle Fisher
- Harrisburg City Islanders: Cardel Benbow, James Thomas and Bobby Warshaw
- LA Galaxy II: Jaime Villarreal and Jose Villarreal
- Louisville City FC: Guy Abend and Paolo DelPiccolo
- New York Red Bulls II: Konrad Plewa
- OKC Energy FC: Michael Byskov
- Orange County Blues FC: Brenton Griffiths and Maurice Pluntke
- Orlando City B: Mikey Ambrose
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds: Sergio Campbell and Lebo Moloto
- Richmond Kickers: Brian Ownby
- Rio Grande Valley FC: Charlie Ward
- Rochester Rhinos: Bradley Kamdem
- Sacramento Republic FC: Derek Foran and James Kiffe
- Saint Louis FC: Chad Bond and Sam Fink
- San Antonio FC: Rafael Castillo and Danny Garcia
- Seattle Sounders FC 2: Jordan Schweitzer
- Toronto FC II: Mitchell Taintor
- Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Henri
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2: Deybi Flores and Will Seymore
- Wilmington Hammerheads FC: Mael Corboz
The following players have been issued seven yellow cards and are one away from being fined and suspended for accumulation (breakdown by team):
- Orange County Blues FC: Ivan Mirkovic